Thursday, April 12, 2012

Making Social Media History

I have been on Pinterest for about six months now, although I'm not a prolific user. But just in the last few weeks, it seems to have exploded. My pins are getting repinned all the time and more and more people are following me. And there are a couple of pins that have been particularly popular. It's kind of amazing to see social media history happening before your eyes! 
I wonder if it will become like facebook soon and people will spend months swearing they'll never join, then eventually give in and join, suddenly realise how much they like the novelty of it and start pinning everything they see, then when it begins to take over their life, say how much they need a break from it, disable their account then suddenly reappear again a few weeks later with half their pins deleted and their followers drastically culled. Or maybe that's just a totally warped view of the social media world!

No comments:

Post a Comment